The Council of the Town of Perth is composed of the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and five Councillors. Council members are elected to office by general vote for a term of four years. The Town Clerk is responsible for the municipal election.
Town Council is the governing body responsible to the community for providing the services it requires such as water, waste management, roads, etc.
- Council works on a three-week cycle, with the exception of July.
- Perth Town Council uses a Committee of the Whole (COW) format at which meetings the members of Council meet in a less formal setting to receive delegations, discuss priorities and review staff reports and recommendations.
- At the COW meetings, motions are made to recommend items for Council's consideration and approval by by-law or resolution at a Council meeting.
- Motions passed at the COW are not binding until approved by Council.
- Council meetings take place in a more formal setting where discussion on recommended or proposed motions and by-laws are limited and decisions are final.
- Council meetings are televised on Cogeco Cable 10.
- All meetings are open to the public and attendance and participation are welcome.
Committee of the Whole and Council meetings are regularly held at 5:30 p.m.
For further information or to be placed as a Delegation on the meeting agenda, please contact Lauren Walton at 613-267-3311, extension 2239 no later than 12:00 p.m. (noon) three business days (not including weekends or holidays) preceding the meeting or as otherwise indicated in a particular notice of a meeting.
View the 2017 Council Meeting Schedule
All elected officials can be reached at 613-267-3311 via extension 2239.
Mayor: John Fenik
Deputy Mayor: John Gemmell
Councillor: Jim Boldt
Councillor: Judy Brown
Councillor: Jim Graff
Councillor: Ed McPherson
Councillor: Riq Turner
Councils - Past and Present - Updated August 4, 2015