We love Love. So much so, that Perth is the Wedding Capital of Eastern Ontario!
If you're in town for a weekend, you'll likely spot a wedding party trekking around, as we welcome hundreds of couples to the Perth area to start this exciting chapter in their lives.
So why do so many people come to Perth for their wedding?
Here are five reasons:
- The backdrop: Perth has a number of places for your photos, making it the perfect backdrop to your photos. From leaning against a stone wall to crossing the Stewart Park Rainbow bridge, couples (and photographers!) love the creative edge Perth offers.
- The Venues: whether it's the natural outdoor beauty of Stewart Park, a cozy garden wedding or a magical evening in a rustic restored mill, Perth has a range of venues that'll meet your wedding wishes. Popular ceremony spots include the local churches as well as Stewart Park while couples may book their reception at the Crystal Palace, Code's Mill on the Park, the Best Western Plus, the Stone Cellar, the Perth Manor, EcoTay, The Royal Canadian Legion, the Perth Civitan Club, the Perth Golf Course, TimberRun Golf Course, Temple's Sugar Bush, Farrell Hall and the Lion's Club Hall.
- The Services: With so many couples tying the knot here, Perth has a range of service providers to bring the day together including photographers, hairstylists, florists and caterers.
- The location: Perth is strategically located in the heart of the Rideau Lakes District in Eastern Ontario, making us less than an hour from major centers like Kingston and Ottawa. If you're looking to get out of the city and celebrate your wedding in a charming, friendly atmosphere, Perth is where you need to be!
- The Tradition: couples who get married in Perth often return for their wedding anniversary. No joke. Here's one example: one year, a couple from Ottawa came to Perth to get married. Someone silently crashed their wedding and left a card and a small monetary gift at the gift table for them. Now, that same couple returns to Perth for their anniversary each year, silently crashes a wedding, and drops off a card and gift to wish that newly married couple all the best. How sweet is that?! These are the kinds of traditions and stories that happen in Perth. (Disclaimer: we don't encourage wedding crashing. But we do encourage fun traditions!).
The Town of Perth has put together a Wedding Experience Package and our very own Karen Fox will be your go-to contact to help answer any questions about getting married in Perth.